Friday, June 1, 2007

I've been doing the same thing for over 10 years!

On a recent trip to Brazil, I had the unique opportunity to hear "you are so boring" from some close friends of mine. I like to believe they were talking about the fact that I've been working on "modeling", "code generation", and "development processes" for more than 10 years.

It all started in 93 when I read Rumbaugh's OMT book. Since then objects have been part of my life. I implemented (and sometimes managed) several projects modeled using UML and implemented using Java, C++, VisualBasic, and even Eiffel. Also, as a Rational consultant, my work activities were usually related to sell, demo, and teach Rose (not to forget requirement tools, functional testing tools, and whatever Rational had on its package).

Fast forward to 2007. Where I am now? For 3 years, since Jan 2004, I've been working on the coolest project ever: the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF).

Modeling and objects to the bone!

No comments: